Welcome to Bonne Terre At one time the richest lead ore in the world was located in Bonne Terre and surrounding area. The French discovered lead in Bonne Terre in 1720 and they called the settlement “La Terre Bonne”, “Good Earth”, in reference to the mineral wealth. The actual town was formed in April 1864, when St. Joseph Lead Co. purchased 946 acres of land. The City of Bonne Terre was incorporated as a third class city in 1917.
- Court will be held on November 4, 2015 in the Auditorium at City Hall at 9 a.m.
- The Council meeting will be held on November 9, 2015 at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall.
- The water bills are due on November 17, 2015 and the penalties go on November 24, 2015.
- City Hall will be closed Wednesday, November 11, 2015 in observance of Veterans Day. There will be no recycling that week.
- City Hall will be closed Thursday, November 26, 2015 and Friday, November 27, 2015 for Thanksgiving. There will be no recycling that week, Friday’s trash will be picked up on Wednesday.