Welcome to Bonne Terre At one time the richest lead ore in the world was located in Bonne Terre and surrounding area. The French discovered lead in Bonne Terre in 1720 and they called the settlement “La Terre Bonne”, “Good Earth”, in reference to the mineral wealth. The actual town was formed in April 1864, when St. Joseph Lead Co. purchased 946 acres of land. The City of Bonne Terre was incorporated as a third class city in 1917.
**Disclaimer: If you get your water disconnected and pay your bill plus the $50 reconnect fee after 3 pm, your water WILL NOT be turned on until the following business day.
Bonne Terre 2016 Annual Water Quality Report (Consumer Confidence Report) Available Online Now:
- Court will be held on October 4, 2017 in the Auditorium at City Hall at 9 a.m.
- A Public hearing will be held on September 11, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall.
- The Council meeting will be held on September 11, 2017 at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall.
- The water bills are due on September 19, 2017. The penalties go on September 26, 2017.
- Fall clean up is October 2-13, 2017. You need to call City Hall to be put on the list.
- City Hall will be closed October 9, 2017 for Columbus Day. Monday’s trash will be picked up Wednesday with no recycling that week.