Welcome to Bonne Terre
At one time the richest lead ore in the world was located in Bonne Terre and surrounding area. The French discovered lead in Bonne Terre in 1720 and they called the settlement “La Terre Bonne”, “Good Earth”, in reference to the mineral wealth. The actual town was formed in April 1864, when St. Joseph Lead Co. purchased 946 acres of land. The City of Bonne Terre was incorporated as a third class city in 1917.
- Court will be held on May 6, 2015 at City Hall at 9 a.m.
- City Hall will be closed on Friday May 8, 2015 in observance of President Truman’s birthday. Fridays trash will be picked up Thursday May 7, 2015 with no recycling that week.
- The Council meeting will be held on May 11, 2015 at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall.
- The Water Bills are due on May 18, 2015. The penalties will go on May 26, 2015.
- Spring Clean Up will be held May 18-22, 2015. The dumpster is located at the City Barn. If you have any questions on what is allowed call Kevin at 358-3513.
- City Hall will be closed on Monday May 25, 2015 in observance of Memorial Day. Mondays trash will be picked up Wednesday May 27, 2015 with no recycling that week.
- The Bonne Terre City Pool will open on Friday, May 29, 2015 from 12-4 pm.
- The Bonne Terre Mines will be featured on The Today Show on Thursday, May 28, 2015.
- The Kids Fishing Derby is being held Saturday May 30th. Registration is at 7 am and the fishing time is 8-10 am. It is located at the BT Lakeview Park.