Welcome to Bonne Terre At one time the richest lead ore in the world was located in Bonne Terre and surrounding area. The French discovered lead in Bonne Terre in 1720 and they called the settlement “La Terre Bonne”, “Good Earth”, in reference to the mineral wealth. The actual town was formed in April 1864, when St. Joseph Lead Co. purchased 946 acres of land. The City of Bonne Terre was incorporated as a third class city in 1917. Calendar
- Court will be held on July 1, 2015 at City Hall at 9 a.m.
- City Hall will be closed on Friday, July 3, 2015. Friday’s trash will be picked up on Thursday. There will be no recycling that week.
- The Bonne Terre City Pool will be closed on July 4, 2015
- The Council meeting will be held on July 13, 2015 at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall.
- The Big River Chautauqua will be held on July 16th, 17th, and 18th in Veterans Park located behind the City Hall.